Sunday, December 09, 2007

What I love to do most

I finally have some more time to work on my perfumes again. Last months I spent a lot of my time working on my Yahoo group, I love doing that and I love to help people, but there was no time left to work on my perfumes anymore. I decided to slow down a bit with the work on the group and spend time on what I love to do most; perfume making.


I worked on my perfume Velvet Blossom, a perfume based on delicate white flowers with Magnolia and Lily of the Valley combined with Mai rose and Sambac Jasmine. A perfume inspired by my sister in law, who loves delicate white flowers. I wanted the perfume to smell delicate white floral, with a bright fresh opening and a velvet smooth end. The result was really close to what I had in mind, but I want to soften the top notes a bit more and accentuate the white petal like floral notes and bring the lily of the valley a bit more towards the top notes. I added some Cyclamen aldehyde to bring out the lilly of the valley a bit more, also a bit more Mayol added to the perfume gave a more petal like result. To smooth the top notes, I added a bit more Ambrettolide, a wonderful warm smelling musk with a touch of fruitiness, which appears in the base notes but also smooth the top notes at the same time. I didn't change much, only adding a bit more or less of the materials that I've used already. The only new thing that I added is a touch of Cyclamen aldehyde, which works real nice in this fragrance. I'm really happy with the result. Now I have to mature it for a while to see if it's really better than the last one. In the mean time I will work some more on my 'fruity/chypre' fragrance, more about that later....

6 comments:

chayaruchama said...

Ahhh, the cyclamen !
One of my favorite notes, for a watery-coolness without the dreaded Calone.

Hope you're enjoying your time with the fragrant beauties !

Dikke kus -

Jenny said...

Lieve Chaya,

I didn't know it was one of your favorite notes. It works real nice in this fragrance. I will send you a sample as soon as it has matured.


Dikke kus terug

Anonymous said...

Do you sell your perfumes? I was wondering how much this lily of the valley scent is. do you reccomend any lily of the valley oil from any certain place? Thanks

Jenny said...

No, I don't sell my perfumes yet, but I will in the future. I don't know a perfume based only on lily of the valley, which I can recommend. But a lot of perfumes have notes of lilly of the valley, like Miss Dior for example. There is no essential oil of lily of the valley.

Johanna Bohoy said...

Hi,
Velvet Blossom sounds wonderful!
I love all of the white flowers... lily of the valley, magnolia, jasmine, gardenia, etc. If you ever sell it, let me know.

I have collected perfumes my whole life, been to Grasse, and am obssessed with fragrances.

Johanna

Jenny said...

Hi Johanna,

Me too, I just love the smell of white flowers. I will let you know when I start selling my fragrances.

Fragrant greetings